About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Who says campaigning is a waste of time?

Bristol City Council's Area Green Space Plan is being looked at again after 6,900 signatures signed the "Big Save Our Parks Petition". This is great news for Bristol's parks and green spaces and great news for runners out there who want to continue exploring their local green spaces.Check out the report in the Bristol Evening Post.

Councillors now have the chance to throw out the much criticised sell-off plan thanks to people standing up for what they believe.  It just goes to show that a little campaigning can make so much diffrernce. We saved our  forests, so why can't we save our local green spaces?



My next run will feel so much better knowing that I may have helped save my local green space from development. So get your running shoes on and get out there and enjoy those great open spaces that we all love so much. Victory Park and it's surrounding fields, currently under threat, is my favourite local run. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment