About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Monday 3 January 2011

ParkRun Bristol

2010 was a great year for my running and I hope 2011 will be even better. I've just entered the Longleat 10k in February to keep me motivated for the next few months. For anyone out there with a New Years resolution to get fit and start running check out www.bristolrunningresource.org.uk. The site is full of information on running in Bristol, running routes, lists of races and running events in the area and some great blogging - including a few by myself.

A recent post mentions ParkRun, a great initaitive spreading throughout the country to get people running 5k in parkland. Sounds like one could be coming to Bristol. But you don't need an orgainsed event to start running. Team up with a mate and get running. Feel good, feel fit and stay trim for 2011.

My first run of this year was a real stress buster after an intense night in the childrens' A&E after my daughter got glowstick fluid in her eyes. I almost cancelled my morning run as I was so tired but pleased I didn't. I felt so much calmer after the run.

Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Saw your blog over on British Mummy Bloggers and wanted to pop over and say hi. I started takign up running just after Christmas as I have a place in the London Marathon this year. Hope your daughters eye is ok now. Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the first person to make a comment on my blog. Thank you, thank you! Yes my daughter is fine now thanks. I don't think we'll be buying any glowsticks in the future. Best of luck with the London Marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - also saw you on BMB, wanted to say hello! Good luck with the running, I'm in awe of you and Emma, both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks Sally. Just getting to grips with BMB.

    ReplyDelete