About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Sunday 30 January 2011

Beacon Batch exploration

Did a great run today in bright winter sunshine. Four miles around Beacon Batch in the Mendips. I must have walked around there when I first came to Bristol but haven't been there since. With the grandparents staying for a few days Dave and I grabbed our chance to leave the kids for a couple of hours and ventured off for an explorative run. Straight up the hill to the high point, across the top and then down through the woods. The views across to Bristol and Blagdon Lake were amazing. Makes you really appreciate that we live in a beautiful part of the country.

There were lots of people around taking a Sunday afternoon stroll. I will have to go back there with the girls. No doubt there will be a bit of grumbling with the hill, but plenty of rocks to scramble over and a handy pub nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment