About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Friday 3 December 2010

Running Free

Having been stuck indoors for days nursing my poorly daughter it was great to get out for a run around Victory Park. All my usual running buddies were busy so I charged up my ipod and set off alone for a great run around the park a few times.

There were lots of dog walkers enjoying the sunshine wrapped up in various hats, gloves and scarves. I put on my Lowe Alpine power stretch leggings (very cosy) and an extra thermal top. Considering the freezing temperatures I was pretty warm. I don't know what I'll do when it gets too icy to run. Or is there such a thing as too icy. I guess I'll have to stick to off-road routes with crunchy grass and mud. Does anyone have any tips on running in icy cold conditions without breaking a leg?

No comments:

Post a Comment