About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Running & Mud

I know it's the summer and we're supposed to be basking in hot sunshine, but with Glastonbury this weekend and the Wimbledon fortnight upon us, sunshine inevitably turns to rain and with rain we have mud and this year like every other at Glastonbury, there's mud and lots of it. So as most of the population of Bristol heads over to Glastonbury for the annual mud bath, a few sneaky Bristolians have been enjoying themselves on the mudflats of the River Avon. Check out the Bristol Festival of Mud . Looks like loads of fun. Thanks to the team at Yoho Media for the video. So what has this got to do with running. Well nothing really apart from our obvious obsession with mud and getting dirty. The growing popularity of the Sodbury Slog and the Mud Runner Adventure Series just proves it.

2 comments: