About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Thursday 3 February 2011

Weekly Rant - WHY?

Ok I've decided to have a weekly rant. I love running, I love being able to walk outside in open green spaces, forests and nature reserves. I love the great British coastline and I love being able to see the sky, the wildlife and nature. Is it TOO much to ask to preserve just some of this for my children and their children's children to enjoy. Why is the Government so determined to sell-off all our green spaces and beautiful forests. It's all very well building carbon neutral houses in an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, but taking away our green spaces and forests is just exacerbating the situation. Once it's gone. It's gone forever!! Has the world gone crazy?

Christ I need to go for a run! Check out the following links and spread the word.

e-petition to try to get a debate on the whole green space proposals at the Bristol council house, at http://epetitions.bristol.gov.uk/epetition_core/community/petition/1403#div_sigs

Save Our Forests petition:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/save-our-forests

OK. Deep breath. Slow. Now back to work.....

3 comments:

  1. It is absolutely crazy, but also very typical of this hopeless, money-obsessed, stuck up bunch of idiots who call themselves a government. They have no idea about the countryside, parks, forests, woodland, and they're simply not interested because it doesn't involve Westminster, claiming expenses and snooty lunches with snooty MP's. I am sick of the lot of 'em. I'll be glad when we have another election and I am able to vote for the Looney Party. Of which Cameron, Clegg and Osborne will probably be running by then.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it just seems like really short-term thinking - build now, regret later. There's a park in my part of Bristol that is basically the only green thing around here and the council seems just about determined to turn it into anything else. The locals are speaking out though, which is great for community spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Circus Queen.
    It's great to hear the local community is coming together on this one. It's so important in these hard times.

    ReplyDelete