About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

The Marathon Season

With the London Marathon just a couple of weeks away, when 30,000 runners will be pounding the streets of London, it comes as no surprise that most of us will probably know someone who is training for this big event. People travel from far and wide to take part in this magnificent event. I'm not doing it myself, but I know several people that are and I wish them all the very best. I never forget when my brother ran his first marathon despite being advised not to by his doctors because of his asthma. He went on to complete two London marathons and still runs regularly.

If anyone out there is thinking about running a marathon check out my lowdown of the World's Favourite 10 Marathons at The Running Bug.

Thinking about the London Marathon and the number of people running takes me back to probably my first ever running event back in the 1980's when I ran and walked the famous Sport Aid event in Hyde Park. Little did I know then how much I would enjoy running now in my 40's. Does anyone else remember that amazing event or indeed take part. I wish I could find a photo of it somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment