About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Friday 8 July 2011

Running & Volunteers

I was out running in my local park the other day and couldn’t help thinking about the importance of volunteers and the difference they make to running. For someone that prefers to run off-road through local parks and open spaces, it doesn’t seem like that many years ago that I didn’t feel comfortable running on my own around the local parks and always made a point of teaming up with someone. A number of the local parks had suffered from anti-social behaviour, the playgrounds were vandalised and falling apart and people generally were not using the parks that much.

Thankfully this has all changed due to local volunteers setting up park groups and getting things sorted especially in Victory Park, Nightingale Valley, Eastwood Farm, Arnos Court Park and Arnos Vale Cemetery.

Check out the rest of my post on Bristol Running Resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment