About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Weekly rant - Running and crazy hair

I thought it was time for another weekly rant. Now I'm not one to polish my hair into fancy hairstyles. As most of my friends know my hair has a world of its own. One day it may look relatively OK, almost chic, other days it looks a little deranged. But most days it just looks completely random and wild. So what am I supposed to do with my crazy locks when I'm running?

So often I see other women running with their hair bouncing around like they have just come out of a hair salon. My hair is not quite long enough to tie up; it's too thick to wear a hat - I just overheat; and if I put in hairclips etc they just fall out! I was wondering about investing in one of those running hair band things. I've gone beyond caring what I look like but it would be good to be able to see where I am going. Do any of you girlies have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I think I may have solved the hair issue. I just bought a fab running from Sweaty Betty. Looks cool and feels great. Check out the link.
    http://www.sweatybetty.com/swiftie-cap-prodba0072_white/

    I guess that's me sorted for summer running!

    ReplyDelete