About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Friday 10 June 2011

A Bad Run

OK so I signed up to Juneathon a couple of days ago with the intention to run every day, blog every day and log every day through June. I missed the first week as I was away - well that's my excuse - and the website does say you can do any form of exercise, so it doesn't necessarily have to be running.

So keen to get back into my running regime after a bit of a layoff due to shin splints I went to yoga last night - a fantastic class. I came back feeling a foot taller. Today I went for an early morning run and that's where it all went wrong. It was my usual 7k route which includes some hills and I struggled pretty much all the way round. Well certainly on the hills. I mean I slowed up to the point of going backwards. What's going on with me. My legs felt like lead weights. Maybe it was just a bad day. Maybe its my age. Maybe I'm premenstrual. I don't know. Anyway what ever it is lets hope the running improves. If I can run these hills in the cold months of January I should certainly be able to do them now.

OK now I have ranted I feel so much better. I do find though that some days I run with a spring in my step and other days, well…….. it’s a struggle. Does this happen to anyone else? Please don’t tell me it’s just me!

7k 48mins

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Juneathon!
    I know what its like having days when your legs are like lead. Hope you have a better run this weekend.

    ReplyDelete