About Me

My photo
I'm not a serious runner, and I'm certainly not that competitive. I'm someone who has two children, reached her 40's and simply wants to stay fit and feel good. I am writing this blog to share my thoughts, experiences and hopefully inspire others to take up running and explore green spaces in a city and further afield. I work as a freelance journalist and a part-time school librarian, and write this blog purely for love. Please feel free to comment and I'll do my best to reply and continue to write an entertaining blog.

Monday 27 June 2011

National School Sport Week

It's National School Sport Week this week, and schools across the country will be taking part.

For many people school is often the first introduction to running and becomes something you either love or hate. I was a sprinter at school all those years ago. I wasn't that brilliant - but certainly preferred sprinting compared to long distance. Yet when I was recommended by my school to join the local athletics club I only went a few times and stopped going after about a month as I didn't like it. Hey ho such is life. Now I prefer long distance, but still look back to those school sports days with fond memories.

My mate is a P.E teacher and has been planning her school's sports week for months. She has so much enthusiasm for sport - I wish she was teaching at my daughter's school. Lets hope there are plenty more PE teachers out there like her that inspire kids to get out there and take part.

No comments:

Post a Comment